Mission, Vision and Values
‘Every Child, Every Chance, Every Day’
We want our children to be confident and independent, have a love of learning and to care about themselves, other people and the world around them.
OUR VISION IS TO NURTURE LIFE-LONG LEARNERS WHO ARE ASPIRATIONAL, COURAGEOUS, CREATIVE AND KIND.
Throughout their time at Thameside, we will ensure every child has excellent opportunities with memorable and meaningful experiences which will inspire and challenge them at school while also preparing them for their future. Everything we do is underpinned by our values of respect, responsibility, resilience, resourcefulness and reflectiveness.
We aim to do this by:
Our Standards and ambition for all:
- achieving the highest standards possible
- being a learning community where all are enabled to experience success and to achieve their best
- providing excellent teaching which is based on high expectations, an ambitious and coherently planned curriculum, and stimulating learning activities
- putting the well-being of each child at the heart of our work
- celebrating the successes of our school community within a culture of mutual respect for others
- enabling children to make positive and informed life choices in the school, local and wider community
- ensuring that our curriculum takes into account children’s starting points
- promoting excellence in all areas of the National Curriculum
- mastering and applying the key skills of English and Maths
- ensuring that every second counts
Our Partnership with Parents
- developing a home/school partnership that is focused on the child’s learning and development
- ensuring supportive and positive communication links between home and school
- actively involving parents and the wider community in the life of the school
Our school rules, devised by our pupils, underpin our learning culture and high expectations: