At Thameside we aim to develop our pupils' leadership skills and promote this through a range of roles. These include:
- Pupil Parliament- pupils are voted in by their classes to represent them and their opinions for the year - more information can be found in the tab!
- Sports and Play Leaders - pupils who lead games and activities at lunchtime
- Librarians and Reading Champions - KS2 pupils volunteer to run the Library, supporting children to use it over lunchtime and organise the books.
- Pupil Mentors - Pupils are selected to support younger children in a variety of different areas of school life, for example at playtimes, book buddies and supporting with playing games and calm activities.
- VAT Student Parliament - Two Year 6 children represent Thameside as part of the Vale Academy Trust Pupil Parliament.
- Eco and Gardening Crew - pupils who are passionate about caring for the environment make up this team, who work together through the year to promote everything eco! COMING SOON!