School Meals at Thameside are provided by Edwards & Ward. The menu is available here
All children in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 can receive school meals at no cost to you.
For children in Years 3 – 6 the cost of a meal is £2.50. Free school meals are offered to children whose parents receive:
As of April 2018, If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2023. – however if you have a sibling starting at a later date your information will need to be checked again
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you think you may be entitled to free school meals please contact the School office to check your eligibility.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2023.
Dinners can be booked in advance or on the day, please ensure that dinner money is paid in advance or on the day the dinner is taken.