At Thameside we aim to develop our pupils' leadership skills and promote this through a range of roles. These include:
- School Council - pupils are voted in by their classes to represent them and their opinions for the year.
- Eco Council - pupils who are passionate about caring for the environment make up this team, who work together through the year to promote everything eco!
- Librarians - Year 5 pupils volunteer to run the Library, supporting children to use it over lunchtime and organise the books.
- Pupil Mentors - Pupils are selected to support younger children in a variety of different areas of school life.
- House Captains - Year 6 pupils are chosen to represent their houses.
- VAT Student Parliament - Two Year 6 children represent Thameside as part of the Vale Academy Trust Pupil Parliament.